Friday, November 24, 2006

Chushoku (lunch)


Today I visited a high school, Toyotsu Senior High School. In Japan, high school goes from 10th to 12th grade. The high school students (and junior high students) wear uniforms. I had a chance to walk around and observe classes. I saw a sociology class, an English class, a math class and an art class. I ate lunch in the cafeteria with the students and they were so much fun to talk to. Many of the students were so eager to have an opportunity to practice their English. So I had some fun conversations. This is a picture of some girls eating lunch. Some bring in obento (lunch box) from home and some buy lunch at school. The food was delicious! It was better than some Japanese restaurants I have eaten at in New York City! I have posted a few images from my day at the high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home