Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ichigo ichie


These are my final moments in Japan. I took a walk in the park in Tokyo in the late afternoon, and it felt like a little sanctuary in the middle of the city. I could hear birds singing, see fish swimming in the ponds, smell the plants and black earth and see the beautiful autumn colors on the trees. My time here is almost over and from this bridge I am thinking: ichigo ichie, treasure this moment for it will never recur. I am eager to come home but a piece of me will always stay in Japan.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa: we are eagerly looking forward to your return to the good ole US of A.
And to hear all about your stimulating and exciting experiences in Japan. We will miss your daily blogs, but would rather
have you here with us. Our love.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, Dear Mahla,
Oh me, oh my!
What a wonderful treat you have shared with us!
I am so moved ! .... to tears even! .... tears of pure joy, new inspire and with pride in you and all your new friends, for you, and they, have truly shared Ikiruchikara, that mighty, mighty zest for living !!!!
Thank you and Bless you ! xoxoxoxoxodavid

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you had a good time in japan melissa.

- josh

hint i go to your school 5th grade

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi its margaux we are makeing puppets they are really nice right now we are paper machie them
magaux

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa,
Was just able to log on today...fantastic adventure and postings...want to hear all about it in person ...Edinburgh or NY...
Susan

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Oh said...

Thank you, Mahla, for such a great and inspiring blog! We'll be glad to have you home. I'm so proud of you for making the most of your glorious trip.

xoxoxojennifer

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home