Friday, November 17, 2006

Itadakimas!



After the auction ended I continued walking through the market, dodging workers as they scooted by on their little trolly cars, and avoiding getting drenched by buckets of fishy water that were being emptied. I was now on a quest to get a fresh sushi breakfast, because that is what you do when you go to the Tsukiji fish market. Those of you that know me well know that I don't generally like to eat raw fish; not because I don't like it, but because I once had a, shall we say 'unfortunate' experience eating it. But this morning was different. It was kind of cold this morning in Tokyo, and when I emerged from the auction warehouse the sun was just coming up and it was very dreamy. I found a little sushi vendor, a small woman, working by herself, and had a delicious breakfast of fresh tuna and tomago (sweet omelet) on rice. It had a dollop of wasabi, some pickled ginger and fine shreds of seaweed. To warm my hands and my belly I had a bowl of miso soup with tiny, little clams.
I know you are probably thinking, 'how could you eat that at 6:00 in the morning?!' I don't know, but I did, and it was oishii!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my kind of breakfast.Yum.
peleg Moon

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowie raw fish at before 7 in the morning, that is quite a cultural difference! Then again, with your jet lag its like eating dinner at Saporo, but I'm sure a whole lot better!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Oh said...

Yum! Sounds like the perfect fresh breakfast to me!

Your pictures and descriptions are just absolutely gorgeous! I definitely want to go to Japan now!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Auctioning is my hobby and I have made my fortune early by being into this business. I suggest everyone can check out this deal whether they have been to an auction-warehouse or not.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is related to Auction Warehouse on Ebay that one can make lots of money on ebay because ebay is the best to have auction warehouse business.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home