Monday, November 20, 2006

My 3 minutes of fame


Today we went to Yukuhashi city, which is a small city in Fukuoka prefecture, and were welcomed by the mayor and the superintendent of schools. I was asked to give a speech to them both, on behalf of my Fulbright group, to extend our thanks for their hospitality in hosting us for the week. I was nervous but felt honored to have a chance to speak to these public officials while in Japan; I mean when would I ever have a chance to address a mayor again in Japan? I had an interpreter who translated my speech and I recieved smiles and a round of applause when I was done. So, those are my 3 minutes of fame in Japan!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My famous freind! I love following you around in all that beauty. Completely different than Florence...

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Melissa - you rock star! I am reading your entries and softly weeping and smiling at your thoughts, learnings and images. What an incredible experience for you.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home