Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dreaming of the 'Floating World'

In my jet-lagged fog, at 5 a.m., I am confronted with images of 'Ukiyo-e', the 'fleeting, floating world' of Japan. I can't sleep until I make sense of all the pictures floating in my head. In my attempts to arrange these images in a neat little grid, the technology for doing so is out of my control and my grasp of this blogging thing is limited, but I realize it so much more fitting to have these pictures floating haphazardly across the web page, as this is the way they drift through my mind. This is but a glimpse...






























































3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa:
those photos are amazing. You've compiled some dynamic material for a future written & illustrated journal on the whole Japan experience. Look forward to seeing it.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa:
those photos are amazing. You've compiled some dynamic material for a future written & illustrated journal on the whole Japan experience. Look forward to seeing it.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like NYC....

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home